Parish of Sacred Heart, Penicuik
St. Margaret’s, Loanhead
At this sad time for your family we offer you our deepest sympathy and our prayers.
We have prepared these brief notes in an effort to assist you as we fully understand that this can be a stressful time for families.
The Undertaker will have taken care of many of the practical arrangements for the funeral. Please make sure that he has spoken with the parish priest to ensure that the proposed date and time for the funeral have been organised with the parish priest.
The Funeral Service itself
- If you are unable to arrange for the attendance of an organist the church has facilities for appropriate music to be played using CD’s or other electronic media. Please remember, however, that this is a religious service with a Requiem Mass and only appropriate musical accompaniment can be accommodated.
- Families can sometimes be upset because some particular favourite popular music might not be played. We hope that you will recognise and respect the religious character of the church and service.
- Any CD that you wish to use should be supplied to the parish assistant in advance of the service (01968 674046.)
- It may be that someone from the family will wish to pay a personal tribute to the deceased. If that is to be done it will normally be accommodated towards the end of the mass. Please bear in mind that undertakers, crematoriums and cemeteries themselves have timetables to meet and such tributes should be conscious of these matters.
- The church does not charge any formal fee for a funeral service. There may be a fee for your organist. Customarily a donation is given to the parish priest to cover the cost of maintaining the church.
- If there is any matter of detail with which you require assistance we will be happy to help. Please do not hesitate to call.
Parish Priest: Fr. Tadeusz Majcher SDS Tel : 01968 673709
Parish Assistant: Margaret Drummond Tel : 01968 674046